Working With Us :
Cant find the answer you are looking for? Contact us
How do your fees work?
Our clients hire us for 2 reasons: Our expertise and our service.
They receive that in 2 ways: Full Picture Financial Planning and Investment Management
Planning is the basis for good advice. Our financial planning can be an a la carte service, as to where we create a plan for our clients but do not manage their assets. Those fees range from $3,000 and up. These plans require a lot of time and servicing and will give you an architectural layout of your financial house. We use one of the best planning software on the market that doesn't just focus on your investments, but everything you own (assets) and owe (liabilities). Depending on your situation, we plan for:
- Retirement and Distribution Planning
- Tax Planning
- Cash Flow and Asset Planning
- Estate and Insurance Planning
- Allocation Strategies
- College Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Business Strategy, Continuity and Succession Planning
- Business Benefit Planning
- Life Goals Planning
- Legacy Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Elder Care Planning
- Divorces - equitable distribution and white glove service for the "Fresh Start" spouse (see this service under Wealth Management)
If we manage your assets, the financial planning fee is included in that management fee. That fee is determined by the amount of assets we manage for you. Our account size minimum is $300,000
What is the process?
There is an old adage: Garbage in, Garbage out. Understanding how you grew up handing money, how you manage your money, what your goals are for your wealth and a relationship with us, and what success looks like to you isn't a 5 minute conversation. A little time up front sets the tone and foundation for the rest of your life, which we hope to be with you every step of the way. We have a 2 meeting process that gets us all the information we need to get going, and keeps it easy and less overwhelming for you. Over the first year, our quarterly reviews help to shape the plan, which we believe always changes around life, economy and market variables. Our clients appreciate this process, unlike other firms processes, because it creates a solid framework without becoming a second job for them to gather information over many meetings.
What is the difference between GRWP and firms such as UBS or Morgan Stanley?
Think David and Goliath. GRWP is a small and independent firm dedicated solely to our clients. We do one and only one thing—look after our clients’ finances. Providing comprehensive wealth management advice is just one of a dozen things the bigger firms attempt to do. In addition, we don’t have our own investment products, we don’t provide loans, we don’t have an investment banking arm, we don’t charge commissions, and we don’t have a multi-million dollar advertising campaign (we don’t advertise). Gargantuan firms such as Merrill Lynch, UBS, Smith Barney, Morgan Stanley, and others attempt to be all things to all people. They have many masters to serve, and sometimes there can be conflict. Because of this, their advisers receive a small portion of the fees they charge their clients, forcing them to create a voluminous client book. The more clients, the less individual attention each client gets. That goes against our philosophy.
Where is my money being held?
Your money is held at either Fidelity or Charles Schwab. Your choice. We have a relationship with both institutions where we can leverage their resources, research, and technology.
Do you help advise clients on financial decisions such as loans, college education, refinance, real estate, or buy vs rent/lease decisions?
Yes! Our clients often have questions on a multitude of financial issues, which are all a part of our service promise to them.
Will I have access to my accounts online?
Yes! You will have access to your accounts in two places: your custodians online portal (Fidelity or Charles Schwab) and your financial planning portal
GRWP vs. Other Wall Street Advisors:
When it comes to providing financial services, it’s not just business as usual. It’s personal. Our goal is to help you feel welcome in our office and confident with the recommendations we make.
Why hire us?
Because we care. We are not a volume based firm. We don't have hundreds of clients. We provide our clients with the service their plan requires, comprehensively covering their entire financial picture and creating solutions using out Wealthficiency team.
Additionally, as an independent firm:
- We have have no proprietary products. Independence provides us more options to help you meet your goals.
- We have no corporate goals to exceed or awards to win. Our focus is our clients!
- We vet out the best technology and partners to give our clients the security of knowing their information is safe and our resources are sound. These partners include some of the largest and most recognizable firms in the business.
- We don't take orders from our parent company, like most big firm advisors, and our research is not proprietary. There are no Wall Street expectations we have to hit.
- You want research? We subscribe to third party research from Goldman Sachs, Morningstar, City National Rochdale and others to support our guidance. We are always working for our clients, first!
- Our clients can feel secure with the option of Charles Schwab or Fidelity as their custodian