Job Role: We are looking for a detail-oriented Staff Accountant to complete general accounting and financial tasks, including assisting in the development of processes, for the organization. In addition to the daily accounting and financial entries to be made, you will also carry out relevant administrative duties, such as interacting with store managers and communicating with other essential parties.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, problem solver able to work independently and efficiently to ensure the company’s financial record keeping is accurate and complete; must be energetic, personable, and fun to work with; must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and embrace a fast paced, constantly evolving environment. This position reports directly to the organization’s Controller.
- Enter daily sales transactions in QuickBooks Online for multiple entities.
- Obtain and accrue inventory sheets from store managers on a monthly basis.
- Keep track of payroll reimbursements between several entities.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts.
- Run weekly sales reports and report information to Dunkin’ Brands for the payment of franchise fees; record same in the entities’ general ledgers appropriately.
- Pay weekly invoices for multiple entities.
- Enter weekly ACH payments for product and delivery from bakery to Dunkin’ locations outside of the MCG Dunkin’ group.
- Assist with documentation and file creation for all audits.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files, as necessary.
- Conduct month-end and year-end accounting closures.
- Adhere to internal and industry accounting policies and standards and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Create reports for upper management as needed.
Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks Online and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.